Graduating or Leaving
Students who are graduating or otherwise separating from Caltech are required to complete the below Online Exit Process in order to close the Student Bursar Account and to meet loan requirement obligations if applicable.
Online Exit Process
Step 1 (All students)
Complete the Exit Information Form below in PDF format:
Submit the Exit Information Form in PDF format to the Bursar's Office and clear any remaining balance due before you leave Caltech. If your balance is not paid in full by the time you leave Caltech, your diploma will be held until paid in full. Forms may be submitted by email to BursarDocuments@caltech.edu, or by fax to (626) 304-0883. For questions please contact the Bursar's Office at (626) 395-2988.
Step 2 (Only students with loans)
If you received any loans, you will also need to complete the exit process for all your loan(s).
For Institute, Kendall, and Kilgore Loans:
- Open the email sent to you from Heartland ECSI that contains your Heartland Key that you will need to when connecting your account.
- Go to https://heartland.ecsi.net/
- Click on the "Sign In" button at the top of the page.
- After you have successfully created a new profile and/or signed in, you may need to connect your account to your profile. To do so, click on the "Connect An Account" button. You will need your Heartland Key. Once connected, it will be redirected to your account.
- To complete the Exit Interview, click to select the school's name, then click "View Account" button.
- Your Exit Interview will be listed under the documents tab.
- Complete the exit interview and email the confirmation to the BursarDocuments@caltech.edu.
If you have any questions, please contact Heartland ECSI Customer Service at https://heartland.ecsi.net/index.main.html#/contactus
For Stafford Subsidized or Stafford Unsubsidized Loans:
- Go to StudentLoans.gov
- Click in the Loan Repayment Tab and then select the link to Complete Exit Counseling.
- Complete the process and email the confirmation to BursarDocuments@caltech.edu.
For the Emergency Loan and NGSS Loan:
- No exit counseling forms are required.