The 1098T form is required for you to claim education credits on your tax return. There are two education credits you may be eligible for based on your qualifying expenses: The American Opportunity Tax Credit and Lifetime Learning Credit. The Bursar's Office is responsible for generating 1098T forms for U.S. citizens who attended Caltech half-time or more between January 1 and December 31, and whose tuition payments were more than the aid received during the tax reporting year. We will also manually prepare a form for Non-resident aliens/International students who are eligible and request a form. Although we are unable to give tax advice the IRS website and publication 970 can be very helpful for you to determine if you qualify for the tax benefit.
The 1098T form is accessible online on the TSC Web Services site at www.tsc1098t.com.
View / Print
To view or print the 1098T form:
- Log on to www.tsc1098t.com.
- Enter the School Site ID: 11436
- User Name: Caltech Student UID #
- Password: Last 4 digits of your SSN (works only if it is the first time accessing the website) *Select the Forgot Password link if the last 4 digits of your SSN do not work. Enter the school site id and the school student UID for the username. If there is no email address on file, then you will receive a message stating no information found.
- If it is the first time accessing the site, you will be prompted to change your password. Enter your current password (last four digits of your SSN) and then enter a new password.
- The new password must be at least 8 characters and contain at least one upper case letter, one lower case letter, one numeric character and one special character. This will be your new password for future logon attempts. The last 4 digits of your SSN will no longer work.
- *Do not have an SSN? - Enter 0000 for the temporary password. After clicking Log in, an automated email will be sent to your email address on file and allow you to reset your password.
Once you have entered your new password, you will be presented with the online consent form. Read the Online Consent Form for the requirements and specifications. If you agree, click on "Consent". Once you consent, you will NOT be mailed a 1098-T and must return to the site after January 30, 2023 to view/print a copy of your 2022 Form 1098-T. Your consent will apply to 2022 and subsequent years.
Form 1098E is a form for reporting educational loan interest paid. For Form 1098E pertaining to the Caltech or Perkins loan interest, you may contact Educational Computer Systems, Inc. (ECSI). ECSI phone number is (888) 549-32741. Or you may log into your loan account at Heartland ECSI. Please refer to IRS Publication 970 for information about the form.
The W-2 forms are generated by Payroll Services Office. For W-2 information please contact the Payroll Services Office customer service phone number at (626) 395-8668.