Bursar Quick Pay ACH Refund
We have partnered with JP Morgan Chase to offer refunds more timely. ACH refund requests are processed in the Bursar's Office for students with a US bank account. If you do not have a US bank account, please see instructions below for refunds to an International bank.
- Fill out this form Bursar's Account Refund and send it to us via your Caltech email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Bursar's Office will send you an email confirmation once your refund request has been processed.
- By end of day, JP Morgan Chase (email@example.com) will send you an e-mail (email example below).
- To receive your funds click the "Register & Accept Payment" button within the email.
- First time students requesting a refund you will have to register and accept payment.
- Student who are registered will need to accept the payment and log in.
- Once you've logged in and registered your bank information, JPM Chase will send an ACH payment directly to your bank account that could take 1-3 business days.
Bursar's Refund to an International Bank
If you would like a refund and have an international bank account, we can process a wire transfer or mail a check to your address. Please complete the two forms below and return to firstname.lastname@example.org
Account Credit Balance
If a credit balance results from Federal Title IV programs (Direct Loans, Perkins, Pell Grants and SEO Grants) as defined by the U.S. Department of Education, the refund will be credited automatically to the Student Bursar's Account. If the refund is created by a PLUS Loan, a refund check will be mailed to the parent obtaining the loan, unless we receive written authorization from the parent to issue the check to the student.
Refund of General Deposit
Upon graduation or withdrawal from Caltech, the general deposit will be applied to the student's account. Any surplus will be refunded within 60 days.