Search Search


Bursar Quick Pay ACH Refund

We have partnered with JP Morgan Chase to offer refunds more timely. ACH refund requests are processed in the Bursar's Office

  1. Fill out this form Bursar's Account Refund and send it to us via your caltech email to
  2. Next business day, JP Morgan Chase will send you an e-mail, (reference example below). The subject line will state, "Subject: CALTECH BURSAR'S OFFICE has sent you a payment."
  3. To receive your funds click the "Accept Money" button. Once you select "Accept Money" you will proceed to a screen that will allow you to enter your bank account credentials and receive an ACH payment directly to your bank account.
  4. Or you may decline the ACH offer when you click in the "Accept Money" button. Then click on the "Decline" button and JP Morgan Chase will mail you a check to the address that you provided to our office.

Account Credit Balance

If a credit balance results from Federal Title IV programs (Direct Loans, Perkins, Pell Grants and SEO Grants) as defined by the U.S. Department of Education, the refund will be credited automatically to the Student Bursar’s Account. If the refund is created by a PLUS Loan, a refund check will be mailed to the parent obtaining the loan, unless we receive written authorization from the parent to issue the check to the student.

Refund of General Deposit

 Upon graduation or withdrawal from Caltech, the general deposit will be applied to the student's account. Any surplus will be refunded within 60 days.